Diploma in Professional Hairdressing
Diploma in Professional Hairdressing designed for learners who have experience in hairdressing. This course allows learners to learn, develop and practice the advanced competency skills required to provide hairdressing services for all hair types.
Minimum Age Requirement :
Language Proficiency :
Minimum a pass in the GCE “N” Level in English Language or Mandarin
Minimum Academic Requirement :
At least 1 pass with a minimum C6 for GCE ‘O’ Level, or completed “Certificate in Fundamental Hairdressing” or its equivalent certification from another PEIs or training school, or Completed NITEC, or Completed Higher NITEC.
Special Requirement :
Students are required to purchase hairdressing toolkit for the training (either from the school or bring own toolkit)
Full-time and Part-time duration:
● Full-Time (5 months)
● Part-Time (8 months)
|Course Module Synopsis||Details|
Developing effective teamwork at the workplace
|This module is about developing supervisory skills in leading team members and guiding them to achieve operational excellence. Learners will learn to provide comprehensive consultation and advisory services to customers.|
Advance Styling and Dress Hair
|In this module, learners will learn how to perfect fashionable looks when blow-drying and using a combination of different techniques to get the best results.|
Advance Hair Cutting
|This module introduces to learners the advanced knowledge and skills of haircutting to perform blunt and uniformed layered haircuts. Learners will use a range of advanced cutting skills to create a personalised and individual restyle look for your client.|
|Module 4 :|
Advance Hair Colouring
|This module equips learners with the competency skills and knowledge of colouring techniques to resolve basic colouring problems, including restoring depth and tone and neutralising unwanted tones.|
Advance Hair Perming
|This module imparts learners the advanced competency skills on the perm and their lotions to perform highlighting and lowlighting, bleach and tone hair, and basic hair colour correction at the workplace.|
|Table header 0||Table header 1|
|Mode of Teaching||Classroom-based|
|Admission Requirements:||Minimum Age Requirement : 16|
Language Proficiency : Minimum a PAss in the GCE “N” Level in English Language or Mandarin
Minimum Academic Requirement : At least 1 pass with a minimum C6 for GCE “N” level or its equivalent
Special Requirement : Students are required to purchase hairdressing toolkit for the training (either from the school or bring their own toolkit)
|● Full-Time (4 months)|
● Part-Time (7 months)
|Course Module Synopsis||Module 1 : Salon Procedures|
- This module is about preparing for hairdressing services and maintaining work areas. Learners will be trained to work collaboratively with others and the team to deliver services at the workplace.
Module 2: Customer Services in the Salon
- Consulting with your client is an essential part of every hairdressing service. To become a successful hairdresser, the important of which is good communication and acquiring the basics service skills.
Module 3: Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- In this module, learners will learn to treat different hair and scalp conditions using shampoos and conditioners. They will also learn to use massage movements correctly when shampooing and conditioning hairs.
Module 4 : Style and Finish Hair
- Styling and finishing hair is one of the most popular salon services. These are important skills because they create the overall finish that a customer demands, and it is also the final result that the customer sees in the mirror.
Module 5: Hair Perming
- The module imparts learners with the knowledge to choose and mix products for hair perming. Learners will also learn the science behind the curls and straightening that make them stay in place. They will start to see what a creative form of hairdressing perming can be.
Module 6: Hair Colouring
- This module introduces learners to the techniques on colour hair, together with other techniques involved. During practical sessions, learners will apply colour to hair and achieve the desired results.
Module 7: Basic Hair Cutting
- Learning and developing cutting skills are among the most important as learners embark on the journey of becoming a hairdresser.